Sunday 17 June 2012

Kim Kardashian tells Oprah she’s proud of her Middle Eastern descent

Kim Kardashian opened up to Oprah Winfrey about her 72-day marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries, her current romance with singer Kanye West and said she was proud to represent Middle Eastern women in U.S. society.
Kim Kardashian (L), seen here with her mother Kris Jenner at a White House event earlier this year, has told talk show host Oprah that she is proud to represent Middle Eastern women. (Reuters) 
Oprah Winfrey sat with the reality TV family, the Kardashians, for an episode that is set to air in the U.S. on Sunday. 

When Oprah asked Kim if she thought her family’s reality show would have been successful if the girls hadn’t been pretty, she replied: “I don't think it would have happened if we were all skinny pretty models,” she is quoted in the Daily Mail as having said.  Reality star Kim Kardashian and her mother Kris Jenner visited Dubai in October 2011. (Reuters) 
“I think it has to do with us, the curves, the dark hair — I think it was a combination,” replied the 31-year-old Kardashian who is of Armenian descent. 

“I remember when the wave of Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek and these beautiful Hispanic women came into light, and I looked up to them and I loved them, but I was like, ‘Where are Middle Eastern women?’”
 
“I think we took that category or helped broaden that.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment